Covid-19 Guest Guidelines
It is a legal requirement of re-opening that we provide a Guideline in relation to safety procedures and
changes to our usual product offering and/or normal services and delay in opening. We apologise in
advance for all the changes and do’s and don’ts listed below, but we feel these measures are necessary for
the safety of yourselves and also for Chris and I.
Please note and adhere to the following:
GUEST JOURNEY & CONTROLS
1. Arrival on The Baytree car park - Park your car and keep your social distance should other guests
arrive at the same time.
2. Entering The Baytree - Please use the sanitizer located externally to the right hand side wall
adjacent to the doorbell, masks should be worn.
3. Reception/Check-in - Please ensure you keep your distance. There will be a paperless check-in.
4. Please use the NHS Track & Trace App and scan our QR code which is located on the reception desk.
5. Room Key Allocation - Keys will have been sanitized after the last guest and will be already in your
Room Yale lock.
6. Journey to Guest Room - Directions will be given verbally to your Room, rather than showing you
7. Help with luggage – We would prefer for you to carry your luggage to your Guest bed room.
8. Bathroom – Individual complimentary toiletries will be removed from the en-suite. We recommend
guests bring their own.
9. Complimentary tea/coffee tray – A kettle, cups & saucers will be provided, a tea towel and washing up
liquid can be found in the top draw of the dressing table. A small amount of tea/coffee, milk and sugar
will be provided. It is advised Guests bring their own tea/coffee.
10. Guest Bedroom Servicing - We will not be servicing the guest bedroom each day but if the stay is longer
than 3 nights we will enter the room mid stay to sanitise the en-suite and change towels if required.
11. Recycling of waste - A bin bag will be placed in your Guest bedroom. Any waste should be placed in
the bin bag and placed in the green wheelie bin located externally by the gate, or on the car park.
12. Plastic, glass, cardboard and paper should be placed in the cream waste bin located on the landing
and entrance lobby for recycling.
13. For hygiene purposes no takeaway foods can be eaten in the Bedroom.
14. Breakfast Offering - Breakfast will be pre ordered using the menu in your Guest bedroom via text
on mobile number 07754 450833 or verbally prior to going out for the evening. A Buffet selection
such as fresh fruit and yoghurt will not be offered.
15. Breakfast Service – Tables will be spaced out and Guest bedroom numbers will be placed on your
designated table. The same table will used throughout the length of your stay. Condiments such as
sauces, jams, marmalades will be in sealed sachets/jars. To save on waste the same jam jar if not finished
will be left on the table for the same guest until it has been used. This will then be replaced.
16. Checkout procedure and Balance Payments – Balance payments are to be made the day before
arrival by ringing The Baytree and giving card details over the phone or at the reception deck. Guest
bedroom keys should be left in your room door lock or on the reception desk at the end of your stay.
17. You MUST inform us if you have spent anytime outside of the U.K. within 14 days of your arrival
date and/or have had any Covid-19 symptoms.
18. Should you suspect you may have symptoms during your stay. You must inform us by text,
remain in your room and arrange to leave The Baytree immediately to return home or to seek
19. Rule of 6 - In light of Government announcements it is now against the law to gather in groups
of more than 6 or 2 house holds (exceptions accepted). We will not accept bookings for more than 6 people
or 2 house holds (family and friends, adults only). As per our normal T's & C's we do not accept stag or
20. All guests to wear a face covering when entering The Baytree and at all times except in guest bedrooms
and when seated in the dining room. Exemptions accepted with proof.
NOTE : As Government Guidelines are changing all the time the above were correct at the time of publishing.
Please ensure you follow any current guidelines imposed by the Government.
As we have said, the above is for your Safety and ours. Your help and cooperation would be greatly
appreciated. We hope you enjoy your stay with us and exploring Torquay and the surrounding area.