Covid-19 Guest Guidelines
It is a legal requirement of re-opening that we provide a Guideline in relation to safety procedures and
changes to our usual product offering and/or normal services and delay in opening. We apologise in
advance for all the changes and do’s and don’ts listed below, but we feel these measures are necessary for
the safety of yourselves and also for Chris and I.
Please note and adhere to the following:
GUEST JOURNEY & CONTROLS
1. Arrival on The Baytree car park - Park your car and keep your social distance should other guests
arrive at the same time.
2. Entering The Baytree - Please use the sanitizer located externally to the right hand side wall
adjacent to the doorbell.
3. Reception/Check-in - Please ensure you keep your distance. There will be a paperless check-in.
4. Room Key Allocation - Keys will have been sanitized after the last guest and will be already in your
Room Yale lock.
5. Journey to Guest Room - Directions will be given verbally to your Room, rather than showing you
6. Help with luggage – We would prefer for you to carry your luggage to your Guest bed room.
7. Guest Bedroom - A welcome letter will be in your Guest bedroom explaining a new room servicing
policy and level of cleaning since the Room was last used.
8. Bathroom – Individual complimentary toiletries will be removed from the en-suite.
9. Complimentary tea/coffee tray – A kettle, cups & saucers and tea towel will be provided, it is
advised Guests bring their own tea/coffee.
10. Guest Bedroom Servicing - A bin bag will be placed in your Guest bedroom, we will not be
servicing the room daily. Any waste should be placed in the bin bag and placed in the green
wheelie bin located externally by the gate, or in the green wheelie bin located on the car park.
Plastic, cardboard and paper should be placed in the cream waste bin located on the landing for
recycling. For hygiene purposes we ask that no takeaway foods be eaten in the Guest Bedroom.
11. Breakfast Offering - Breakfast will be pre ordered using the menu in your Guest bedroom via text
on mobile number 07754450833 or verbally prior to going out for the evening. A Buffet selection
such as fresh fruit and yoghurt will not be offered.
12. Breakfast Service – Tables will be spaced out and Guest bedroom numbers will be placed on your
designated table. The same table will used throughout the length of your stay. Condiments such as
sauces, jams, marmalades and sugar will be in sealed sachets.
13. Checkout procedure and Balance Payments – Balance payments are to be made the day before
arrival by ringing The Baytree and giving card details over the phone. Guest bedroom keys will be
left in a box located on the Reception Desk.
14. You MUST inform us if you have spent anytime outside of the U.K. within 14 days of your arrival
date and/or have had any Covid-19 symptoms.
15. Should you suspect you may have symptoms during your stay. You must inform us by text,
remain in your room and arrange to leave The Baytree immediately to return home or to seek
16. Rule of 6 - In light of Government announcements it is now against the law to gather in groups
of more than 6 (exceptions accepted). We will not accept bookings for more than 6 people (family and friends).
As per our normal T's & C's we do not accept stag or hen parties.
17. All guests to wear a face covering when entering The Baytree and at all times except in guest bedrooms and when seated in the dining room. Exemptions accepted with proof.
As we have said, the above is for your Safety and ours. Your help and cooperation would be greatly
appreciated. We hope you enjoy your stay with us and exploring Torquay and the surrounding area.